Gardens can be infinitely useful to us. Aside from making great hobbies, they provide seclusion, amusement, medicine, and add beauty to your home. Gardens will also attract other creatures such as birds, bats, small wild animals, butterflies and even fairies. Even if you are not able to have a garden outside your home, you can create beautiful window boxes with sculptures, small hiding places for the little people and small tabletop water fountains. Indoor gardens can be kept in windowsills. Growing herbs and flowers will fill your home with sweet smells and improve your disposition, lifestyle and the atmosphere of your living space.
Here are some tips for creating a magickal garden:
Magickal Gardening By the Moon
The moon’s energies affect everything on our planet, including plants! Here are some tips on what to plant when. To check out the current moon phase, have a look at out sidebar (if you’re on a phone or tablet, the sidebar is displayed at the bottom of the page, so keep scrolling down until you find it!) You can also read more about moon magick here.
- Waxing Moon – This is the time to plant above-ground crops with outside seeds and flowering annuals
- Full Moon – The full moon is an excellent time to plant above-ground crops with inside seeds
- Waning Moon – This is the time to plant root crops, bulbs, biennials and perennials
- New Moon – Don’t plant anything during the new moon!
Magickal Gardening By the Zodiac
In addition to choosing the right moon phase, you can also harness the energies of the sun, by planting when it is in a sign that is beneficial to growth, and avoiding times when the energy is more barren.
- Cancer (22 June – 23 July) – Best for planting all leafy crops bearing fruit above ground. Prune to encourage growth in Cancer.
- Scorpio (23 October – 22 November) – Second only to Cancer. A Scorpion Moon promises good germination and quick growth. In Scorpio, prune for bud development.
- Pisces (20 February – 20 March)– Planting in the last of the Watery Triad is especially effective for root growth.
- Taurus (20 April – 20 May) – The best time to plant root crops.
- Capricorn (22 December – 20 January) – Promotes the growth of rhizomes, bulbs, roots, tubers, and stalks. Prune now to strengthen branches.
- Libra (23 September – 22 October) – Libra may be the least beneficial of the Fruitful Signs, but is excellent for planting flowers and vines.
- Leo (24 July – 23 August) – Foremost of the barren signs. Leo is the best time to effectively destroy weeds and pests. Cultivate and till the soil.
- Gemini (21 May – 21 June) – Gather herbs and roots. Reap when the Moon is in the sign of Air or Fire to assure best storage.
- Virgo (24 August – 22 September) – Plow, cultivate, and control weeds and pests when the moon is in Virgo.
- Sagittarius (23 November – 20 December) – Plant and cultivate the soil or harvest under the Archer Moon. Prune now to discourage growth
- Aquarius (21 January – 19 February) – Perfect for ground cultivation, reaping crops, gathering roots and herbs. It is a good time to destroy weeds and pests.
- Aries (21 March – 19 April) – Cultivate, weed, and prune to lessen growth. Gather herbs and roots for storage.
Cedar, White & Blue Sage
Banishing Spell Kit
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.