Now is the time to banish those bad habits, break up those unhelpful relationships, and move on. It’s time to banish anything that is unwanted, and reverse any moves that you might have made that haven’t been for your highest good. This time can be used to settle disputes and make amends too.
Crystals that are beneficial at this moon phase are:
- Clear Quartz
Below are a few spells, rituals, oils and elixirs that you could use on a waning moon.
Find a comfortable position, make sure that you are warm and will not be disturbed. If you can meditate outside comfortably, go ahead.
Breathe slowly and deeply for a few minutes, enjoying the sensation of your breath moving in and out of your body, until you start to drift into your own world.
As you settle into your comfortable space, you notice a field with a tree centred in the middle and feel compelled to approach the tree. It’s late afternoon and you breathe in the pungent autumn air, noticing all of the beautiful colours that are surrounding you.
As you approach the tree you notice that it is burdened with fruit and its boughs are hanging low to the ground. The sweet smell of the fallen fruit becomes stronger as you approach.
Carefully, you begin to pick the fruit and gather them into the basket that you notice, just behind the tree’s trunk. The work is hard; the branches scratch your arms and soon the basket grows heavy. You rest a little under the tree but know that you must complete this task or the fruit will be wasted. As you do this, you become aware of the similarities within your own life and acknowledge the projects in your own life that are also hard work but need a final push to complete now. You briefly stop to write down these tasks so that you can complete them as soon as you return home.
When you have completed the harvest you find a hollow in the trunk and step inside the tree to enjoy the reward of your work and thank the tree for its gift to you.
You notice that the branches of the tree are now light and the energy is moving downward into the Earth, so you allow your energy to fall in sync with the tree’s energy.
You notice how this feels as peace and fulfillment passes down through you, and you start to feel compelled toward the final stages of work that need be completed before you shut down for winter and any lessons that you would like to learn.
You get ready to leave the tree, and you notice a final piece of wisdom that the tree would like to impart upon you. Listen carefully, making sure to remember it forever, then you leave the tree.
You return now to your body and reflect on the knowledge and lessons that you have learned. When you are ready slowly open your eyes. Be present with your surroundings as you gradually return to your daily life.
Try this oil recipe to enhance your sense of self reflection and awareness so that you can plan your future goals well and without illusion.
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops bay laurel essential oil
- 3 drops marjoram essential oil
- 2 drop petitgrain essential oil
To use the oils, blend them together and then either burn it, or add to a base oil such as sweet almond or grapeseed oil, when blended it can be applied to your bath water, or topically (seek advice from the supplier as to what oils are ok to be inhaled, used on skin, around pets etc.).
Use these candle colours in your spells:
You Will Need:
- Fireproof Bowl
- Matches or a lighter
- Water to put out the fire in an emergency!
1) Write down in list form anything that you’d like to banish. You can write it anyway you’d like, but make sure that you are clear about your intention as you write.
2) Read through your list, and invest all of your energy and focus into your determination to banish these elements now – the more you focus, the stronger the spell.
3) Light the slip of paper on fire and drop it into the bowl. As it burns, imagine all of these elements on your list leaving your life.
4) As your list burns focus all of your attention on what your life will be like after the banishing takes effect.
5) Take the ashes outside and bury them in the ground.
Try this recipe for bath salts for use on a waning moon.
It is great for encouraging self reflection, and personal honesty. It can be used during a waning moon, or whenever you want, to gain clarity about what you want, and what you need to let go of.
You Will Need:
- Blue topaz or sulfur crystals (as many as you’d like)
- Matcha (1 cup)
- Vetiver essential oil (6 drops)
- Sage essential oil (6 drops)
- Pink rose petals (optional)
- Sea salt (1 cup)
- 1 cup Baking Soda to condition the water and soften the skin.
Bathe for approximately 40 minutes, and whilst you are in the bath, allow yourself to let go of anything that you are holding (if you feel emotions, allow them to flow through you without judging them). As you become free from your burdens, allow yourself to reflect honestly about your life and what you need, or need to let go of. Use this space and the elixir to help you to acknowledge and accept the changes you might need to make and let go of what you don’t need.
To enhance the potency of the elixir, do this every day during a waning moon, or as frequently as possible.
- 1 x White Candle
- 1 x Candle Holder
- Something to light the candle
1: Cast a circle
2: Take your piece of paper and write down all aspects of yourself that you find difficult to accept. Next write down changes that you know you need to make but haven’t yet come to terms with making.
3: Light your candle.
4: Focus on the flame of the candle.
5: Visualize yourself letting go of all of these traits, and experiences and accepting a new life that is even better than you could even imagine yourself. Notice the doors opening for you everywhere you go, and the peace that you will feel inside.
6: See yourself with your mind’s eye experiencing peace and fulfillment beyond your wildest dreams.
7: Watch the flame dance and flicker for as long as you’d like.
8: Release your circle, but allow the candle to continue burning until it has burned itself out. (Remember to supervise the candle as it’s burning – for safety reasons!).
9: Once the candle is burned out and the wax has cooled, keep the wax in a bag or container of some kind in a safe place.
As an alternative to the above spells, you can use a spell kit which comes pre-packaged with ritually charged ingredients, and full instructions to cast the spell. Some suitable kits for the waning moon are:
- Banishing Spell Kit – to remove any negative energies, situations and people from your life.
- Releasing Spell Kit – This is similar to the banishing spell, but focuses on releasing personal behaviours, patterns and baggage that you are ready to let go of.
- Return to Sender Spell Kit – This spell returns any negative energies back to its source. very helpful if you are dealing with a known person who is having a negative impact on your life.
- Find Your Place and Purpose Spell Kit – A spell to get in touch with your true desires and talents, and find your path in life.