The concept of this banishing spell is very simple, but you can adapt it to be a more complex ritual if you want to. The main act of magic will be the crafting of a paper chain that represents the habit, situation, or relationship that you are looking to break free of and banish from your life.
For this spell, you will need:
- Paper (try to use colors that match your purpose)
- Ritual oil or Florida Water
Use the ruler to mark out strips of papers that are roughly one inch in width, and cut enough strips for you to make a paper chain of your desired length.
Performing the Paper Chain Banishing
This spell is meant to be performed in a ritual setting of your choosing. The most simple way is to meditate for 5-10 minutes beforehand to clear your mind, and then cast a circle, and call on any guides or deities that you feel close to.
The main steps of the banishing are:
- On the strips of paper write words, phrases, or draw symbols that correlate to that which you are looking to be free of.
- Put a bit of glue onto one end of the paper strip and then form the strip into a circle.
- To add the next chain simply thread the strip through the first link before gluing and forming.
- Dab a bit of ritual oil or Florida Water on each of the links.
- With or without assistance bind yourself as securely as possible by winding the paper chain around yourself.
- Stay like this for a few moments, thinking about how it feels to be stuck, to be trapped, and think about how much you wish to be free of whatever burdens or restricts you.
- Then, fight your way out of the chain. Allow yourself to have whatever emotional response that comes up when you do so – you can scream, cry or wail – let the energy out! Really feel the release of frustration and dis-empowerment as you break the chain off.
Once you have let out all emotion and feel calm, say the following:
Negative energy, you may not stay,
I release you, be on your way,
From here on out, I banish thee,
These are my words, so mote it be!
When you feel ready, or when possible, take the remnants of your paper chain to be burned or returned to the earth.