I was recently asked by a member of the Wiccan Spells community for a suggested beginner ritual. I thought it would be suitable to create a little magickal talisman to kick off your spiritual growth. Here is my suggested ritual – feel free to tweak as you please.
What you need:
• Two candles to symbolise the Goddess and God (either two white; silver (Goddess) and gold (God); or green (Goddess) and red (God)
• A small pouch or cloth which you can stitch up to become a small bag
• Mortar and pestle (or something to grind your herbs in)
• Grated lemon peel (works to cleanse you and helps you open spiritually, and removes blockages and unwanted negativity)
• Myrrh or Lotus leaves, if you can find one or both of them (they both promote spiritual opening and magickal powers)
• Celery Seed (promotes mental and psychic powers, and aids in concentration)
Place the Goddess and God candles in front of you, with your empty pouch in between them, and light them. As you light each, say:
“I invite the Divine Goddess to join me in this ritual.”
“I invite the Divine God to join me in this ritual.”
Sit in peace for a while and watch the flames. Focus on your gratitude for all that the Goddess and God have brought you and will bring you in your life.
Say: “Blessed be the unity and duality of the Sacred Deities.”
Now take your pouch and place your lemon peel in it, and say “Lemon, cleanse me, and open me spiritually.”
Take your mortar and place the myrrh/lotus leaves and say: “Myrrh/Lotus, open me spiritually and enhance my psychic powers.”
Then place your celery seed in it and say: “Celery seed, bring me focus and concentration.”
As you grind them up, focus on what you want to achieve with this talisman, all that you want it to bring you and help you with; how your life can improve with the right focus and intent. Then place your ground herbs in the pouch with the lemon peel, and seal it up.
Place the pouch back between the candles, and say:
“Goddess and God, please bless this magickal talisman for me, and help me follow its guidance as well as yours, for the highest good. Blessed Be.”
Snuff out the candles. Keep your pouch on your altar or under your pillow, and keep it near when you carry out magickal tasks and rituals, and when you meditate.
More Wiccan spells and articles
Successfully performing a spell is an art that comes about with practice. The better you are at working with magickal energy, the better your results will be. The Essence of Magick is a guide which teaches the art of spellcasting by aligning energy and intent. If you'd like to know more,click here.