If you’re ready to say goodbye to smoking, this spell will help you quit easily and painlessly. The best time to perform it is during a new moon.
You will need:
- 10-15 small pieces of paper (post-it note sized)
- A pen
- An empty packet of cigarettes
- A black cord or string
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- An amethyst crystal or orgonite
Before you perform this spell, you should take some time to think of all the reasons why you would like to be a non-smoker, and write each down on a separate piece of paper. For example:
- Smoking makes my clothes smell bad
- Smoking is a waste of money
- I’m always short of breath after running
…And so on.
Begin your ritual by casting your circle and meditating for a few minutes until you feel calm and purposeful. Now gather all your pieces of paper. Pick one up, and read it out loud. Then, affirm the opposite of it, as if you have already stopped smoking. For example:
- Smoking makes my clothes smell bad becomes: My clothes smell fresh and clean now that I no longer smoke.
- Smoking is a waste of money becomes: I have so much spare money now that I’m not spending money on cigarettes.
- I’m always short of breath after running becomes: My lungs feel so healthy and clear now that I’m a non-smoker.
Take a minute to feel what it would feel like if this were already true. Imagine that you’re a non-smoker and rejoice in how happy, free and healthy you feel now that you are freed from the habit. Then put the piece of paper inside the empty cigarette box. Continue this process with each piece of paper. Next, close the cigarette packet, and tie the piece of cord around it lengthwise (so that the packet can’t be opened) and secure it with three knots.
Now take the fresh mint leaves and rub them between your palms. Cup your palms over your nose and inhale deeply. Breathe in the freshness of it, and feel it like a beautiful energy which is cleansing and purifying your whole body.
Finally, take the amethyst and cup it between your hands. Feel the purifying energy circulating around your body, becoming stronger and stronger, and then flowing into the amethyst. Imagine the crystal pulsating with that energy. Sit with this meditation for a few minutes, until you intuitively feel done.
Say: I am now a non-smoker. So mote it be.
Feel it to be true.
Now close your circle. You may bury the cigarette packet in the ground, or simply throw it in the bin.
After you are done with this ritual, you should carry the amethyst around with you. Whenever you feel like smoking, hold it and visualise the purifying energy flowing into your body again.
Note: This spell can also be done while using nicotine replacement therapy (such as nicotine patches or gum). The hardest part of the addiction to break is the psychological addiction, and this spell will help you with that.